|Left to right: oregano, black pepper and cheese, grain-mustard and cheese,|
harissa and cheese
|Another variety of savoury nibbles during a wedding ceremony, |
waiting for the party to start
- 500g of all purpose flour
- 220g of butter at room temperature
- 60 g of grated cheese (Edam, cheddar)
- 1 cube of bouillon or 1 tbps of bouillon granules
- 30 g of cream cheese (laughing cow, kirri, philadelphia)
- 60 ml of milk or water, cold or at room temperature
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tsp of crushed black pepper or to taste
- 100 g of grated cheese (Edam or cheddar)
- 4 tbps of dried thyme/oregano (for version 1)
- 6 tbps of wholegrain mustard (for version 2)
- 2 tbps of harissa (for version 3)
- Fine semolina flour (replace with flour)
|Adding the cheese with the mustard and harissa reduces any risk of sogginess|
For large fekkas, cut 3-4 mm thick pinwheels and place them on a baking paper, leaving some space between them. Cover with another baking paper and gently roll them all together. Rotate the lower baking paper one quarter towards you and roll again to even the sides. This method allows you to have big pinwheels with even surface.
- Try an anchovy paste for another version of these pinwheels, or a tapenade. Make sure you add grated cheese to avoid sogginess.
- If you don't feel like making pinwheels, try this version of Moroccan savoury biscuits with olives.